To our valued customers.
13th May 2020
Further to the annoucment from the HM Government at 9.30am this morning on the new legislation Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations 2020 the housing market has now suddenly re-opened.
Although this is excellent news for Home Movers and the Economy, The Safety of our Team, Clients and Community is our Main Priority. We have been Working on Robust Covid-19 Return to Work Guidelines for our People, Premises, Viewings, Valuations, Compliance & Property Management, which can be found in more detail at the bottom of this page. All Appointments will be Subject to Strict Social Distancing, Health Questionaires & PPE. We take our Social Responsibility Seriously
We have been working extremely successfully throughout lockdown remotely and will continue to do so. When our High Street offices do re-open, which will be no later than general retail on 1st June, strict social distancing measures will be in place.
Government Guidance on Moving Home During the Covid-19 Outbreak Updated 13th May
23rd March 2020
At Richard Watkinson & Partners we wanted to reassure you all that although our physcial offices are now closed, we are currently operating business as new normal in this Lockdown Situation. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and working within the government guidelines to adapt and evolve as fast as we possibly can. We have teams working from home to manage all of your Sales, Lettings and Valuation Enquries. We are carrying out Virtual Viewings and Valuations only and are here to help for all your property needs, please call the usual office number.
We wish you all well, Stay Home, Stay Safe.
Government Guidance on Moving Home During the Covid-19 Outbreak
11th March 2020
Firstly, our thoughts go out to everyone affected by this unprecedented event — we are all experiencing this together and sending our thoughts to our whole community.
We have introduced a series of measures to protect our clients and colleagues including:
Our Offices – Newark, Mansfield, Bingham, Radcliffe on Trent, Southwell & Bottesford.
- Following the advice from the UK Government on social distancing, we are now with immediate effect, keeping offices open for staff to work, but operating a "by appointment only" system for our customers, which is to protect our fully staffed office.
- Re-inforcing our comprehensive cleaning regimes across all our offices
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning, particularly of surfaces that are often touched, such as front of house desks, door handles etc.
- We are not currently encouraging hand shaking
- Ensuring our staff are equipped with hand sanitiser gel, soap and anti bacterial wipes.
- Encouraging safe distancing where required.
- During viewings if our vendors would rather not attend & leave us to it, please notify our office.
- Regrettably, we will ask you to cancel any viewing, market appraisal, meeting or property inspection and not to attend our office if you are showing any symptoms.
As this outbreak is fast developing, we thought it would be helpful to assure you, that we are planning for what we will do next in case of a lock down and have put into place a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) which will help to continue to provide a fully uninterrupted and high quality service to our clients:
Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- We have invested heavily in our resilient IT infrastructure and systems and these are all cloud based, enabling staff to logon to our property system from home.
- Our landline phones are internet based, which allows the office phone to be plugged in at home. Therefore, our staff are fully equipped to work from home extremely efficiently in case of a lock down.
- We are currently preparing video viewings for those vendors that wish us to be prepared with safety precautions in place or whether you would like to send your own footage to us for editing into a professional viewing video.
- Our video system will be live on March 31st so we are using this time to prepare footage to edit into a professional looking branded video. Please speak to a member of the sales team to discuss this option further.
- We can offer conference calls or video Market Appraisal appointments or desktop or driveby valuations, instead of face to face meetings and again our teams can organise this for you.
- We can arrange video viewing appointments by prior arrangement with both vendor and purchasers, via facetime or similar apps should this be a preferable option to both parties.
- We also have an online valuation tool at www.richardwatkinson.co.uk should you be just be in the early stages of moving house.
- We would like to reassure you that those sales that are already agreed, we will be doing our upmost to monitor these through to a successful completion and where necessary assisting with negotiating post exchange completions dates if a home is subject to self isolation, which some solicitors are already exercising.
- We would like to reassure you that we are committed to looking after our community and if any of our clients, whether elderly or not, who are self isolating are struggling with gaining food or medication, we are aware of a network of volunteer groups in the area who can assist, so please do contact us and we can put you in touch or even help ourselves subject to staff safety and capacity.
- If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please bear with us, this is all new to all of us and assuring you we are doing everything we can to support our clients at this unprecedented time.
- We are keeping up to date with the current situation & this link may provide useful. https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
How can you help us?
- Look after yourself and others by following this simply public health advice.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds each time. Little ones might like this little song to sing whilst washing “Happy Birthday to the front, Happy Birthday to the Back, Happy Birthday in between, now your hands are nice and clean!”
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water isn’t available
- Avoid touching your face and eyes
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, use a tissue, catch it, bin it, kill it.
- The property market this year to date or the #borisbounce which it has been nicknamed has been extremely busy, with 15% more sales seen so far than 2019.
- The interest rate has already seen a cut from 0.75% - 0.25% - 0.1% which is historic.
- We see this as an extremely disruptive, but temporary period, and we are working hard to keep providing the best possible service for our clients balanced with keeping our staff safe.
- We appreciate your continued support to help us deliver this and hope we will soon all be in the recovery phase.
- In China they are already closing hospitals, re-opening shops and people are returning to work.
Please Keep Safe & Well
The Richard Watkinson & Partners Team.