It is the belief of Richard Watkinson and Partners that it is important to provide the best care possible to ensure a satisfactory tenancy for both tenant and landlord and to this end we undertake the following:
• Richard Watkinson and Partners provide an open and non-discriminatory service for all
• Extensive range of properties available
• Friendly and helpful staff on hand six days a week to receive your calls
• Viewings appointments offered six days a week
• Low cost, simplified application process
• Comprehensive tenancy agreements for tenant security and peace of mind
• Protection of the tenant’s deposit within a Government approved deposit scheme
• Accompanied check-in of managed tenancies with full, detailed Inventory and Schedule of Conditions for the benefit of both tenant and landlord
• Periodic inspections completed by trained staff for managed tenancies to ensure that tenant’s maintenance issues are reported to the landlord.
• Swift response to tenant’s queries or concerns regarding the property
• Fair, professional, property check-outs completed at the end of the tenancy
Energy Performance Certificate
As from the 1st October 2008 the Government introduced the statutory requirement for each property marketed to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The EPC is available for tenants to view to assist them in choosing the right property for their needs and budget, as it could help tenants calculate the anticipated running costs of the property.
Application Fee £40 inc. vat for each adult
Once a suitable property has been chosen each person over the age of 18 years old will be given a Richard Watkinson and Partners application form to complete. The completed application would be accepted at our office accompanied with relevant identification documents (originals) and application fee, following which the referencing process would commence. Richard Watkinson and Partners operate an in-house referencing service which enables us to provide quick and efficient completion of the referencing process.
Administration Fee £210 inc. vat
Richard Watkinson and Partners do not charge an administration fee until full completion of the referencing process and a tenancy start date has been agreed. A single administration fee per property is taken to cover the tenant’s share of producing the tenancy documents.
Pet Administration Fee £50 inc vat
This is payable per pet prior to commencement of the tenancy. This is only applicable if a pet is permitted by the Landlord.
Click here to download an application form
The tenants are required to pay a surety deposit (per property) usually equivalent to one month’s rent + £150 prior to the tenancy commencement date. This deposit will be protected in accordance with the deposit scheme with whom it has been registered.
Rents are payable in advance by standing order mandate on a calendar monthly basis. Normally all rents are exclusive of utility bills unless otherwise stated.
Rental Arrears £25 inc. vat
An administration fee of £25 for each time the rent is overdue.
Renewal of Tenancy £36 inc. vat
For renewal of fixed term contracts, where agreed between Landlord and Tenant.
End of Tenancy £60 inc. vat
For attending the property to complete a final property check against the original inventory and negotiating the repayment of the deposit.
Guarantor Application Fee £40 inc. vat
If a guarantor is required to support a tenancy.
Charges for Company Applicants
Viewings free of charge
Application Fee £96.00 full company referencing
Administration Fee £210 to include company tenancy contracts
Client Money Protection (CMP) provided by Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Independent Redress provided by The Property Ombudsman (TPO)